12.29.2010

And the walls came down......

Hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas....I enjoyed mine immensely!!! I spent lots of time with family and some scrumptious food.

My Christmas gift from my husband was to tear a partial wall down that stood between our kitchen and dinning room.....this wall has been an issue with me ever since we moved into this house 8 years ago. We live in an old farm house and the rooms where very small and boxy and that just doesn't work for us. Whenever we would entertain, I always felt out of it or we where trying to cram 6 people into a kitchen that really only has room for 1 or 2. Because it is a load bearing wall, it was a project he was dreading. He had vacation days to use, so we thought it would be a perfect time to tackle this job.


Before....




I love him so much!!!! :)

There's still painting to do, sealing the top and getting several outlet covers, some bar stools are needed, but I LOVE IT!!!!!


2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh Jenelle, it looks amazing! Wow, what a difference one little wall can make . . . love it!

ruby said...

looks great